Uncleaned air ducts can gradually become home to insects, rodents, mold, dust mites, bacteria, debris of organic decay, pollen grains and all other sort of contaminants. Especially if any of you suffer from asthma or allergies, this could pose serious health issues to you or your loved ones, consequently. In the process, other severe airborne disease can be spread too. The air ducts are bound to get dirty over a period of time, which is quite common. Getting it cleaned occasionally so as to rid it of every form of contaminant that may affect your health is highly recommended. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to further elaborate on detection, cleaning, and prevention concerning the air ducts.
What is Air Duct Contamination?
The first step is to detect the contaminants as far as cleaning your air ducts are concerned. Below is a simple approach as to how you can easily detect if your ductwork has been contaminated
1) Check for visible mold growth and water leaks after unscrewing your vents or duct covers.
2) Look for evidence of pests, particularly vermin.
3) Note any traces of excessive accumulation of debris, dust, and other contaminating particulates.
4) The primary part of the ductwork is not visible, so you must retain the service of a professional for a complete and thorough inspection.
5) Whether it is mold, mildew or another type of fungus or bacteria, it might not be easy to determine what you are seeing. To ascertain the problem, this is even another reason to justify calling on a professional.
Cleaning & Disinfecting Air Ducts
We don’t recommend handling the cleaning by yourself if you have determined that you have an air duct contamination problem. For professional cleaning, let your next line of action be to reach out to an air duct contamination removal company like Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning.
How to Prevent Dirty Air Ducts
With your air ducts being cleaned and your HVAC is totally free of contaminants. You have to put some things in place to prevent the problem from recurring. The following advice is recommended:
1) Lessen the amount of contamination in your home by having a functional air filter installed, ensure your air filters are efficient. As it can block particles of a very small size, it is effective for maintaining the freshness of your ductwork.
2) Get a professional to ascertain that your ducts are not faulty or leaky, be certain your air ducts are not leaky or wet. For mold and bacteria, wet air ducts are a fertile breeding ground.
3) Don’t wait till your heater or air conditioner conks out to call someone out since regular and periodic maintenance of your heating and cooling system. To keep everything in top running order, you need periodic maintenance of HVAC and ducts.
Air Duct Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Air duct cleaning services are readily available in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas by the professionals of Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning. Our professionals have the expertise and tools to ensure your air ducts are efficiently cleaned, call us today to get started.