When it comes to your dryer, most people would rank it as one of the most used appliances in their home. Your washer and dryer are most likely used on a daily basis. Because they are used so frequently, it is incredibly important that they are working properly so that you avoid the problems that can sometimes be dangerous if they are left unattended. One of the regular maintenance aspects of these appliances is dryer vent cleaning. Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning is here to explain why dryer vent cleaning is so important and signs that indicate it’s time to get yours cleaned.
Why Should You Clean Your Dryer Vent?
To understand why it’s so important to keep that dryer vent cleaned, it is important that you understand how your dryer works. When you fill your dryer with wet clothes that need drying, your dryer will be pushing hot, humid air out as it gets your clothes dry. If your dryer vent isn’t free and clear, this can’t happen, and your dryer will suffer. Lint and dust can build up in your dryer vent and cause problems if it isn’t removed regularly. A couple of those problems include wasted energy costs and the risk of a potential fire in your home.
Signs Your Dryer Vent is Clogged
There are several signs that often indicate it is time to have your dryer vent cleaned out. You should be looking for any of the following clues:
– Long Dry Times: If you notice that it is all of a sudden taking more time to get your clothes cleaned than it has in the past, this could be a clogged dryer vent.
– Hot Clothes: Your clothes in your dryer may be warm to the touch when the dryer is finished, but they shouldn’t be hot. If your clothes are hot to the touch when they come out of the dryer, this means that there is a problem with heat getting exhausted during the cycle.
– Burning Smell from Dryer: You should never smell anything burning when drying your clothes. Lint is extremely flammable and if it builds up in your dryer vent, it can catch on fire. Many house fires each year are caused by dryer vents that weren’t cleaned and should have been.
– Clogged Vent Hood: You should be able to open the dryer duct hood flap. If you can’t get this flap to open, it can be a sign that there is too much lint buildup to allow this to happen.
– Dryer is Hot: Your dryer shouldn’t be hot to the touch when it finishes a cycle. This is another sign that it is overheating because the heat isn’t exhausting like it should.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you can’t remember the last time you had your dryer vent cleaned, it’s probably been too long. At Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning, we can help you keep your dryer vent clean and extend the life of your dryer. Call us today!