Anyone who has done any work on their home knows how significant the mess can be. It can often seem like dust is making its way into every nook and cranny of your home. There are a few things that you can do to keep the dust in your home under control when you’re in the middle of a construction project though. Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning is here to share our best tips to help you keep construction dust to a minimum when you’re remodeling your home.
How Do You Reduce Dust in Your Home when Remodeling?
When it comes to keeping the amount of construction dust during a remodeling project under control, there are some things that you can do to reduce it by quite a bit. Following are some of our best tips.
– Ventilate: If you have the ability to open up a window, you should definitely do it. In fact, the best way to push air and dust out of the space is to use a fan to help out when the windows are opened. Opening any doors and windows in the space can have a big impact on the amount of dust you get as a result of your remodel.
– Containment: The best way to keep the dust contained to that area is to use plastic sheeting. You will need some heavy duty tape to keep the sheeting up as well. To get in and out of the space, simply cut a doorway into the sheeting and use tape to keep it closed while work is taking place.
– Cut Wood Outside: there are more than likely going to be many cuts that you will make during your remodel. Cutting the wood outside will decrease the dust considerably. If the weather is permitting and you have an outdoor space that you can use, we recommend doing as much cutting as possible outside.
– Construction Cleaning: Cleaning up after a long day’s work will go a long way in keeping dust from making its way into other areas of your home. You would be surprised at the difference that can be made from sweeping and vacuuming daily.
– No or Low VOC Materials: Many of the materials that are used in a remodel have VOCs in them. This can have an impact on your air quality. Choose materials that have low to no VOCs to help with this problem.
– Air Duct Cleaning: Once you have finished your remodel, it is important to have your air ducts cleaned so that the dust that settles in them isn’t blown throughout your home. No matter what you do, there is bound to be some dust that is settling in your ductwork.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have recently undergone a remodel, you can call on Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning to come and take care of the air duct cleaning in your home. We will remove all the dust that is found in them so that you don’t have to worry about it settling throughout your home. Call us today!