Because they shunt the hot air from your dryer away from your dwelling, dryer ducts are an important part of your home. It is critical that you need to clean your dryer ducts every once in a while, since the lint can build up inside these ducts. When it is encouraged to homeowners to ensure their dryer vents are professionally cleaned, they often wonder how often they should have them serviced. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to elaborate on how often the vents should be cleaned by a pro.
Dryer Vents Need Annual Cleaning
As a general guideline, your dryer vents should be professionally cleaned at minimum, once a year, but some circumstances may require services more frequently. The following factors dictate when dryer vents need cleaning more often:
– Your family’s size
– The duct system’s size, including length of the tube and width of the opening
– Operation of the dryer
– Frequency of the dryer’s use.
Dryer Vent Location
In two ways, you can find your dryer duct. One is attached to the dryer vent tubing that comes out of your clothes dryer. It is the tubing, which is flexible, and it connects the dryer to the floor or wall and the opening in the floor or wall leads to your dryer duct. Looking on the outside of your home is the other way to find your dryer duct. A screen or small flaps covers the small opening, which you should be able to see easily.
Signs You Need Dryer Vent Cleaning
Below is a closer look to the indicators that can mean you need to schedule cleaning services more frequently.
1) Size of Dryer Ducts. You may need dryer duct cleaning every six months if ’s just 1 or 2 feet long, which means your dryer is close to the outer wall of your house. The benefits to shorter ducts, however, is that they are simpler to clean.
2) Wideness of the Dryer Duct Opening. Since there is a greater chance of lint build-up, narrow dryer ducts need to be cleaned more often.
3) Frequency of Dryer’s Use. There is a higher chance that more lint will travel through the dryer duct with the more the dryer is used. The amount of lint build-up decreases with weekly use as opposed to daily use. Consider dryer duct cleaning once per quarter in the event you use your appliance more than once per week.
DIY VS Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
A vacuum hose attachment is the most efficient way to clean your dryer duct. If there are twists and turns, you might not be able to get all the way into the dryer duct so professional dryer duct cleaning comes in handy for the safety of your family and for the efficient operation of your dryer.