Anyone who has been through a home renovation knows that it can be a messy situation. Even when you try your hardest to contain the mess, it seems to be uncontainable. However, there are a few steps you can take to help you minimize the dust that floats through your home during a home renovation. Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning is here to share some of our best tips and recommendations for controlling the amount of dust you have in your home when renovating your home.
How Do You Keep Dust Down when Renovating?
The amount of dust that is present when working on your house can be maddening. When you take a few steps to control the dust, you may find that you feel a little less crazy.
– Ventilation: One of the best ways to get rid of construction dust is to have proper ventilation in the area you are working in. Open as many doors as windows as possible to allow the dust to escape into the outdoors. You may want to leave them open for a couple of days once you have finished working in the space.
– Dust Control Barriers: You can also put up barriers that help contain dust. This could be done using tarps or thick plastic that will make a temporary wall that will help the rest of your home stay as clean as possible. You can even go as far as taping the opening shut when working in the space.
– Cut Outside to Minimize Sawdust: Make sure you do all your cutting outside rather than in the house. The sawdust that can be part of cutting wood and other materials can make a mess when done inside.
– Clean Up Dust & Debris Daily: It may seem like a waste of time to clean up your home every day during a renovation. However, taking a few minutes to keep things as neat as possible will help minimize the mess throughout the house.
– Close Vents During Construction: The HVAC system in your home can get filled with construction dust as well during construction. As the AC or heat blow throughout your home, it can end up blowing dust into other areas of your home. The best way to avoid this is to keep vents closed in the space. Once you have finished your renovation, you should have your ducts cleaned to get rid of the fine dust that has surely settled inside them. This will help keep the dust from getting all over the house.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have just finished a large scale renovation in your home, it’s the perfect time to call on the experts at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning to help you get rid of the dust that won’t seem to go away. We will clean out the dust from your ductwork that is getting blown throughout the house every time your heating or cooling systems turn on. Call us today!