Black mold can begin to grow within your ductwork undetected since mold thrives in dark, damp places. This fast-growing fungus has the potential to take over your entire ductwork system if it is not taken care of quickly and efficiently. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to further discuss the subject. Black mold has several hazards that include a serious health concern and it can contaminate your ductwork and eventually break down the structure of your home. Those who are more sensitive to the fungus will experience greater effects when mold levels start to increase. Black mold can present complications with both the respiratory and nervous system if left untreated.
Symptoms of Black Mold in Humans
For everyone exposed to the black mold in the home, if ingested or inhaled, black mold spores can cause a variety of unpleasant and dangerous symptoms. Common symptoms of black mold exposure include the following:
– Reoccurring headaches
– Irritation of the nose, eyes, or throat
– Chronic fatigue
– Chronic coughing and sneezing
Health risks can be more dangerous should you be exposed to black mold for a longer period of time. Symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, and bleeding in the lungs and nose can be produced from black mold poisoning. You should call our team right away to have your ductwork inspected in the event you are experiencing any of these symptoms and suspect mold growth in your home. The professionals of Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning can clean and sanitize the air ducts effectively.
How to Prevent Black Mold in Air Conditioner Ducts
You will want to prevent a future infestation after the mold issue is properly resolved. To begin with, you need to identify the source of the mold growth. Warm temperatures, high levels of moisture, and limited lighting will make it easy for mold to or mildew to spread. To prevent black mold from growing in your home, consider the following steps below.
1) Control Humidity Levels. The increase of risk of black mold exposure can be caused by elevated humidity levels. Where excessive levels of humidity is not an issue normally in the desert, there can be other causes that increases the humidity in your home. An HVAC expert can help you find the source if it is connected to the system.
2) Avoid Water Leaks. After assessing all moisture-creating sources, be sure they are directed and vented outside your home or building. It is important to identify and stop leaks quickly since mold can grow in a little as 24 hours.
3) Annual Ductwork Cleaning Service. To increase energy efficiency and help you prevent future mold growth, you need regular maintenance. Inspection of the air flow and seal all ducts as well when we send out our qualified professionals as you schedule your duct sealing service.
Air Duct Sealing, Cleaning, Sanitizing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes to your air duct cleaning, whether or not you have mold present, our professionals at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning can help you ensure the air ducts are properly cleaned to maximize the health of your indoor air quality. Call us today to get started!