Your dryer vent is probably the last thing on your mind, but it shouldn’t be. It can be dangerous and needs to be taken care of the right way so you can prevent any serious problems. Your dryer vent needs to be cleaned or it can become a huge fire hazard waiting to happen. Every year, firefighters across the country respond to about 14,630 house fires caused by clothes dryers, according to the National Fire Protection Association. One third of those fires are caused by an accumulation of lint. Clogged dryers constrict a dryer’s ductwork and cause other problems on top of the threat of a house fire. Vents that are dirty and/or blocked can still be dangerous because harmful gas fumes can be forced into your home. The fumes from these gases can be harmful to your health.
Benefits of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
• Your dryer will work more efficiently when the vent is clean, and your clothes will dry faster.
• Your dryer will also last longer when the vent is clean. Your dryer has to work harder when the vent is dirty and can lead to more maintenance calls and burn out sooner than it should.
• When your dryer has to work harder it will also cause your energy bills to increase. Your dryer works harder when the vent is dirty because the flow is impacted.
• The safety of your family is the number one benefit to having your dryer vent cleaned. A house fire caused by a dirty or clogged vent is completely avoidable.
• Routine maintenance will ensure your dryer does what it’s supposed to do and keeps your family safe too.
Can I Clean Dryer Vents Myself?
Taking steps to clean your dryer vent yourself allows you to remove any buildups you can reach. This will keep a clog as small as possible. Make sure the dryer is unplugged and open the access panel in the dryer and vacuum up any lint and debris you can reach. You can also scrape and clean any debris from the main dryer vent. Taking these steps does not replace professional dryer vent cleaning. Professionals have the tools to remove the buildup you can’t reach. They have the training and experience needed to remove any debris and clogs from the vent efficiently and completely.
Warning Signs Your Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning
• Your clothes take more than one cycle to dry
• Your clothes fell very hot after a cycle
• Your clothes smell musty after a cycle
• The room feels hot when the dryer is running
• There is more lint in the lint trap than usual
These warning signs indicate that your dryer vent has a buildup of debris. Another reason to call for service is if you haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in the past year.
Dryer Vent Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
It seems like cleaning out your dryer vent is a chore but it’s important to do it. You can clean your dryer vents on your own from time to time, but when it comes to a major cleaning, you should hire the professionals at Air Pure, Inc. Give us a call today!