Dryer vents are an important element to maintain. Dryer vent clogs are responsible for more home fires than you may think. These fires are responsible for dryer damage, property damage, injury, and even fatalities in tragic circumstances. Keeping dryer vents clean is often neglected simply because homeowners do not remember to take all the maintenance steps. In addition to reducing the risk of fire ignition, keeping the dryer and vents maintained will also make the dryer more cost and energy efficient. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to remind homeowners the proper maintenance your dryer should be getting on a routine basis.
How to Clean & Care for Dryer & Vent
1) Every two years professionally clean the exhaust vent. According to industry leaders, the most important thing to remember, is to maintain the dryer vents to prevent fires and manage the energy efficiency and performance of your dryer. Clean out any lint buildup after removing the vent from the back of the dryer. If your home has more family members, you may need to consider getting the vents professionally cleaned annually.
2) Inspect the outdoor vent cap. Depending on what climate you live in, it is very common for various debris to accumulate around the vent, such as lawn debris, dirt, snow, and so on. Periodically, inspect the outlet and ensure the air can flow freely to avoid any air restrictions.
3) Avoid overloading the dryer. Oversized loads take longer to dry, and more energy is used, and the performance dwindles. The more strain on the dryer leads to the risk of overheating which can spark the flammable lint in the vent.
4) Maintain and deep clean your lint screen. After every load, be sure to remove the lint from the lint screen. Every 3 months or so, wash the lint screen using laundry detergent and rinsing it will, or popping it in the dishwasher to clear away the invisible residues.
5) Lint trap cleaning. Use a dryer lint brush to clean inside the trap itself after removing the screen. The lint has a tendency to build in this area as well.
6) Consider replacing vinyl or plastic exhaust vents with metal. To increase the safety of your home by reducing the risk of fires, consider replacing any plastic or exhaust vents with metal ones as they are likely to catch fire.
7) Dryer drum needs periodic cleaning. To remove any dryer sheet residues and any residual lint, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the inside of the dryer thoroughly.
Dryer Vent Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
With the help of Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning, we can help you maintain clean dryer vents. Keeping them cleaned once every year or two will significantly minimize the risk of dryer fires and ensure your dryer is operating at its full potential and better manage the energy use in addition to applying the above the steps. Our professionals can ensure the vents are properly and thoroughly cleaned to remove the lint and keep your dryer vents with clear and free from obstructions. Contact us to schedule your next appointment today!