As it is the second highest electric exhaustion appliance in your home, dryers are one of the most relied upon appliances in a residence. Unfortunately, there quite a few homeowners that have been given the wrong information concerning the care and maintenance involved with a dryer’s vent and exhaust. A primary step in maintaining the dryer vent is scheduling a professional dryer vent cleaning at least once a year. In the event they are not cleaned, fires can ignite due to blockage of airflow caused by the accumulated lint. To help you better understand the proper care and maintenance for your dryer vent, and ensure efficiency and safety, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to discuss the do’s and don’ts of dryer vent care and maintenance.
Dryer Vent Maintenance Checklist
1) You should always hire a professional to install your dryer’s vent, whether it is a new drier, or the vent needs replacing.
2) Ensure the correct outlet is connected to your dryer and make certain the connection is proficiently attached.
3) Before lint builds up and restricts airflow, make certain the exhaust duct is cleaned out every year or two. In addition to leading to longer and/or more drying cycles, it can be a high risk to fire hazards.
4) Before and after every load, always remember to clean out the lint trap in the dryer. This will significantly reduce the risk of fire hazards. Clothes dryer vents can accumulate lint causing more than 15,000 house fires every year according to The US consumer product safety commission.
5) To help accelerate the drying time, use dryer balls, tennis balls or wool balls. From big items such as bath towels and blankets, the balls also work great for soaking in water.
Don’ts of Dryer Vent Care
1) The dryer might break down the wool fibers and shrink your sweater, so never put wool sweaters should inside the dryer.
2) Since it will cause the material to lose its texture and damage, silk should also not be put inside a dryer.
3) It best to hand wash and be hanged to dry your undergarments because bras they will deform and tear out and underwear will lose its elasticity, be sure to avoid placing these items in the dryer.
4) Never opt to use duct tape to connect venting materials because overtime, it can cause gaps in the joints of the connection.
5) Consider avoiding dryer sheets and fabric softener. These products potentially prevent air from circulating properly since the fabric softener and dryer sheets collect a waxy coating on the screen lint.
Dryer Vent Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes time for your annual dryer vent cleaning, or for larger families bi-annual dryer vent cleaning, call in the experts of Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning and let our qualified professionals take care of the rest. Our technicians have the training and experience as well as being armed with advanced equipment and premium products to maximize the results.