Most homes in the US do laundry at least a couple of times a week. Have you ever had your dryer vent cleaned? When your dryer vent is clogged it can become a dangerous situation. Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning outlines some of the dangers of consequences of a clogged dryer vent.
Chances of Dryer Catching Fire
This is the most frightening danger of not having your dryer vent cleaned. As air flow is restricted due to lint buildup it causes exhaust gases to get backed up, creating the perfect environment for a fire to start. The leading cause of clothes dryer fires (at 32%) is failure to clean the dryer vent.
Bugs & Pests in Dryer Vent
When lint and debris buildups up around the outdoor dryer flap if can prevent it from closing properly. This will allow pests to make their way into your home. Having the dryer vent cleaned will ensure this flap closes properly.
Clogged Vent Costs Dryer More to Run & Dry Clothes
No one wants to pay more money for anything if they don’t have to. Dryers with a build up of lint use more energy that can translate to $30 more every month. Plus, a clogged dryer vent will have you running extra cycles to get your clothes dry. The harder your dryer has to work, the more money you’ll spend and the sooner it will break down. Ask yourself a few questions to determine if it’s time to have your dryer vent cleaned.
How Often to Clean Dryer Vent?
1. Does it take a long time for your clothes to dry? When your dryer vent is clogged, the hot, moist air cannot escape from the dryer. This prolongs the drying time leaving your clothes feeling damp or wet at the end of the cycle.
2. Do you notice a burning smell? The lint and fabric fuzz that your dryer collects is highly flammable. Just a little bit of heat can ignite a tiny piece. If you notice a burning smell when the dryer is running, you need to turn the dryer off right away and have it looked at by a professional.
3. Are you clothes hot to the touch when you pull them out of the dryer? You want your clothes to feel dry at the end of a cycle. But if your clothes are too hot to touch at the end of that cycle you might have a dryer vent that is clogged. The heat can’t escape, and your clothes hold onto it instead.
4. Can you see lint or debris in the dryer hose or around the flap on the outdoor vent? If you can see buildup in either if these locations, it’s time to schedule dryer vent cleaning.
5. When was the last time you have the dryer vent cleaned? Dryer vents really need to be cleaned once a year. If you do a lot of laundry in your home, you may need to have it done more often.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
The dryer in your home seems harmless enough – until your house burns down. If you notice any of the warning signs of a clogged dryer vent, contact Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning to discuss dryer vent cleaning. Give us a call today!