When the air in your home is dirty it’s not just from what the outside air brings in through the windows and doors. The air in your home becomes dirty from the dirt, airborne activity and debris that builds up daily, monthly and even annually. The buildup occurs in air ducts, on air filters and throughout the ventilation system. This is the reason it’s so important to change air filters regularly and to have the air ducts in your home cleaned as needed.
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
Professional air duct cleaning should be done every three years or more often to reduce or prevent many health problems. Other benefits to keeping your homes air ducts clean include:
• Better energy efficiency of the HVAC system
• A cleaner HVAC system that will also reduce maintenance and repair needs
• Your HVAC system will last longer
• Less dust in your home
• Lowered utility costs
Health Problems Caused by Dirty Ductwork
1. Allergies. The biggest problem with dirty air filters and air ducts is allergies. Allergies make life miserable for those that suffer from them. Dust, mold spores and pollen are the most common particles that buildup in ductwork. When people are allergic to these, the dirty air ducts can set off or lengthen allergy attacks.
2. Asthma. Dust, pollen, mold can all be found in dirty ductwork. For people with asthma, an attack can be triggered when exposed to these substances. If you find you suffer more when you are home than when you aren’t, dirty air ducts might be the reason.
3. Respiratory infections. Bacteria and viruses can spread easily throughout the air. It happens even if there isn’t any hand-to-hand contact. When these germs enter the ventilation system, they will start to grow and spread because the environment is generally undisturbed, warm and dark. Mold tends to grow on air filters, more in damp environments that are near leaks or moist air. When this growth seeps into the air filter, it gets recycled through the air and can cause respiratory infections.
4. Sinus infections. When indoor air is polluted from dirt, debris, bacteria and viruses it will become a problem every time you breathe. Dirt and debris can inflame sinuses and cause an infection. Any indoor air pollution, big or small, will cause problems with sensitive sinuses.
5. Overall sick feeling. When mold and mildew are circulated through the air by airducts that are dirty you body kicks into defense mode. Your immune system will be working overtime, you might start feeling tired, run-down, and generally unwell when you are in your home.
Air Duct Cleaning Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
No one wants to feel sick in their own home. Part of home ownership includes keeping the air ducts clean. Doing so improves health and delivers a more comfortable and energy efficient indoor environment. Do you suspect the health issues you’re having are being caused by dirty air ducts? Contact Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning to provide you with superior, quality air duct cleaning. Give us a call today!