Central AC systems are commonly used in the Las Vegas Desert throughout the many warm to hot months and we run our central heaters during the cooler winter season. We depend on the heating and cooling system during the correlating time of year. To get rid of pollutants like dust, debris and mold, you have to get regular air duct cleanings since you need to use your HVAC system frequently. Dirty air ducts can affect you and your family’s health, so you will want to make the air inside of your house as clean and healthy as possible as a homeowner. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to further discuss the signs that your ducts need a deep cleaning and how ducts can affect your health.
How Do I Know if My Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned?
When your ducts need to be cleaned, you can often see the signs if you know them. If your air filters are getting clogged with dust and debris more frequently, they need to be cleaned more, suggesting your air ducts are filthy. Only promoting the circulation of dirty air throughout the home, the pollen, pet dander, dust, dirt, and other allergens will eventually clog the air filters and even ducts. Another sign the ducts need to be cleaned is noticing an infestation of insects or pests in the air ducts because the air quality will dramatically go down. When it comes to cleaning the ducts, any time you find mold, whether if it is coming from the ducts or found elsewhere, get the ducts cleaned. Mold exposure is especially harmful to your health.
What Happens if You Don’t Clean Your Air Ducts?
Below are just a few examples of the air ducts affecting your health when you neglect them.
1) The quality of air that circulates throughout the interior of your house compromises dirty air ducts. You can stop some serious health problems from occurring by keeping your air ducts clean.
2) Headaches, colds, allergies, coughing, and sore throats can be caused by dirty air ducts. This happens as the people breathing in bacteria that make them sick from the low air quality circulates. Dirty air ducts can make them worse if you or a family member already have allergies or asthma. For elderly people and small children, this is especially true.
3) Rodent or insect activity can contribute to dirty air ducts. In addition to pests being problematic in many ways, the diseases carried from the pests can easily be introduced to the air flow.
4) Musty smells circulate inside the house in addition to health risks you are likely to endure as well.
5) Lastly, your HVAC system will stop functioning optimally when the buildup of dirt and debris impedes its performance. The air inside the home is no longer filtered when the system does not work properly.
Air Duct Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
You increase your chances of getting sick by continuing to breathe in the dirty air. Cleaning your air ducts is an important part of being a homeowner to sump it up. If you think that your HVAC system needs maintenance, call Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning today! To help you set an appointment or answer any questions you may have, feel free to contact our friendly staff.