Many people are recognizing the benefit of having their air ducts cleaned periodically. Where it varies on how frequently people need to get them done, many have noticed the quality of air improving, less asthma attacks, allergy triggers are reduced, and other respiratory issues are not as agitated. When it comes to air duct cleaning, there are a few basics we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to share with you today.
Signs You Need Air Duct Cleaning
Below are the common symptoms that point to your air ducts needing a professional cleaning.
1) Water damage or exposure occurred in the air ducts.
2) The home was affected with mold, mildew, slime, and other such microbial growth.
3) Airflow is restricted with the buildup of debris.
4) Visibly blowing from the ducts and registers are dust, cobwebs, and other debris.
5) Pest infestation.
6) Strong odors developing in the ducts.
7) Allergies and illnesses occur frequently among home occupants.
8) If the ducts are made of fiberglass as they absorb more than sheet metal.
Is Air Duct Cleaning a Waste of Money? Importance & More
Dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth during routine operation. The growth is reduced as well as system’s overall efficiency increased is proven with air duct cleaning. Increased efficiency has been to 40% in some cases of extreme buildup.
Air Duct Cleaning Process
The duct cleaning process is dictated by the volume of buildup in the air ducts. By opening all access panels, the technicians first assess the state of the ducts. Equipment will be gathered to ensure a thorough, including brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris, such as brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris after it is determined how they need to be cleaned. The cleaning includes the supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers, your system will also undergo routine cleaning and maintenance. With HVAC maintenance, coils, the heat exchanger, drain pan, fan motor and housing, and system housing is all addressed. Pairing the HVAC maintenance with air duct cleaning can ensure a smooth and efficient performance. Additionally, you will want to rectify the source of a dirty duct to minimize the buildup such as water and moisture, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
Air Duct Cleaning Safety
Nights or weekends is an optimal time to get the ducts clean as it is safer done with no one home so they are inhaling the barrage of dust and debris assaulting their respiratory system. To enhance the safety of duct cleaning in the home, experts will rely on filters, ventilation equipment, containment barriers, and other equipment. Poor duct cleaning can decrease the air quality, and without proper training, you can cause damage. A good company applies strict guidelines to ensure effective cleaning.
Other Ways to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Reduce the frequency of air duct cleaning services by applying the following steps:
1) Enforce good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
2) Regularly inspect the ductwork.
3) Routinely schedule professional maintenance and cleaning annually.
4) Change your air filter every 6 weeks or so.