Most contractors out there are honest and fair when it concerns the home improvement and repair industry. Unfortunately, the air duct cleaning industry is not immune to scammers and con artists looking to take advantage of unsuspecting homeowners. Eager to cheat homeowners who are already concerned about the health and safety of their families and homes, these swindlers are on the prowl to an even greater degree with the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Today, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to discuss the potential scams to help you avoid them.
Air Duct Cleaning Scams
When it comes to air duct cleaning specifically, consumers need to be aware of the fly by night companies that offer bargain-basement prices to unsuspecting homeowners. As a popular marketing tactic, these companies charge a nominal fee and then do a poor job. They only clean what is obvious and leave the rest to contaminate the system. Also, the homeowner is persuaded to pay for unneeded services so the deceitful contractors can up-sell add-on services. They use scare tactics to convince a homeowner that urgent repairs are necessary such as falsely leading homeowners to believe they have mold or other toxic substances in their HVAC systems. You can take steps to make sure you don’t fall prey to dishonest tactic if you can recognize the signs of a scam.
Signs of Air Duct Cleaning Scammers
1) Negative Pressure for an Immediate Decision. You will not be pressured you into making an immediate decision with a respectable company. Being understanding if you need to take a few days to carefully consider your decision, a qualified contractor know that home improvement services are a serious investment.
2) Requesting for Payment Up Front or Accepting Cash Only. An excessive down payment, or asking for payment in full, is a red flag, though it is not abnormal for reasonable down payment can be part of the process. Leaving most of the balance to be paid at the completion of the job, a reputable
3) Convince Homeowner of Unexpected Problems. Be cautious if your contractor starts finding reasons to increase prices, though there can be unprecedented problems. If you are suspicious about price increases, consider getting a second opinion and make certain all changes are in writing.
4) Soliciting at Your Door. Be cautious of the contractor that knocks on your door saying that they were “just in the neighborhood.” A reputable company will earn their business through referrals and advertising. A sure sign of a scammer is the door-to-door salesman.
5) Unbelievable Low Prices. It is best to be cautious of companies that promote rock-bottom prices for services, not to say that reputable companies never offer promotional pricing or discounts. Be suspicious of coupons with an ultra-low price for whole house air duct cleaning or HVAC mold and soot removal.
Air Duct Cleaning, Sealing, Repair, Replacement Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When you decide to get the air ducts clean in your Las Vegas Valley, call Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning and let our certified experts get your air ducts clean to improve the HVAC system’s performance and improve the indoor air quality of your home.