When it comes to air duct cleaning, many experts provide numerous tips and recommendations to ensure your indoor air quality is superb and your HVAC system operates well. However, there are somethings you should not do that you may be unaware of. With this in mind, we at Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning would like to share the common mistakes surrounding the cleanliness of the air ducts that you should avoid.
Neglecting Filters, DIY Cleaning & Other Mistakes to Avoid
Cleaning your air ducts is a vital part of HVAC system upkeep. They can have a huge impact on air quality even though dirty air ducts are easy to ignore. Your home’s air is filled with pollen, dust, and other respiratory irritants the longer the ducts go without an efficient cleaning. Mold growth, that worsens allergies and damages your ductwork, can develop. Below air duct cleaning mistakes, you should avoid if you want to make your home’s air quality a priority and protect your HVAC system.
1) Not Tending to the Filters. There are a few types of filters available including reusable filters and filters that are used once and then tossed away. Whether you have a reusable filter or replaceable filters, they need to be changed or cleaned every 4-12 weeks, depending on the circumstances of your home and the area you live in. In the Las Vegas Desert, you likely need to maintain the air filters every 4-6 weeks. Leaving your filters in place for too long can trap dust in your air ducts and circulate it through your home.
2) Cleanings Only Occur at Long Irregular Intervals. Cleaning the ducts is not something that necessarily needs to be done on an annual basis, but it definitely is something that should be done more often than once a decade. Typically, every three to five years is what the average house needs to have its ductwork deep cleaned. Factors to cleaning needs include the regular efficiency of filters and their maintenance, the HVACY system’s age, pets in the home, and dust exposure.
3) Neglecting Routine Maintenance. HVAC system maintenance is not the only maintenance we are talking about. Ensuring they are properly maintained is definitely something that needs to happen throughout the year, but you also need to regularly complete these tasks below to help the ducts.
– HVAC Maintenance (as Mentioned)
– Air Filter Maintenance (as Mentioned))
– Vacuuming and Sweeping the Floors Often
– Dusting Surfaces (Including Fan Blades, Vents, and Registers)
You keep your ductwork cleaner for longer when you ensure the HVAC maintenance is done accordingly throughout the year and you control the dust and debris in your home as best you can.
4) Do It Yourself Attempt. Though there are volumes of information found online, including video guides and written out checklists, completing the air duct cleaning on your own without the proper equipment or training can actually cause more harm than good. You can cause extensive damage or even simply create clogs.
Air Duct Cleaning in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Call a professional air duct cleaning service to do a deep clean instead of doing a partial job yourself and missing areas of dirt, dust, or mold growth. Make sure to hire a reputable company who has the expertise to get the job done, not just any handyman or such. If you need your air ducts cleaned in the Greater Las Vegas, NV area, call in the experts of Air Pure Air Duct Cleaning and let us assist you!